Tuesday 26 June 2007

Where did I go?

Reasons I have not been updating:

1. My computer died a sad, painful death. I am sorting out a temporary replacement, but for the last couple of weeks my Internet access has been painfully limited.

2. Knitting disasters! The easy summertime tunic was cruising along, until my circular needles broke. I bought a complete set of bamboo circs off ebay, and that was a brilliant decision at the time. New to knitting, I hated having to choose my projects based on whether or not I had the right size needle. Unfortunately, the joins on these particular needles are not exactly high quality, and the needle broke apart from the cord, taking several dear stitches with it. It took me a while to replace that size needle, as I try to limit how much I spend on knitting each month, and last month I was happy to splurge on my secret pal. However, I finally couldn't take it anymore, and splashed out on some Addi Turbos in the required 3.75mm size (and, bless ebay, was able to get a 4mm set as part of the package). I am in love. They really ARE super fast. The material slides along the cord, so I no longer have to waste time pushing the yarn toward the left hand needle. I am now determined to have a set of Addis and a set of wood needles in every size. THEN, I will be a super-duper prepared knitter.

3. I am working on a Super Secret Birthday project, and can't post a thing about that. Shhhhhh.

4. You know, life. Sometimes it keeps one busy.

No comments: