Thursday 28 June 2007

State of the knitting

I am, after a slight knitting depression, once again hard at work on my stitches. The summertime tunic is approaching the finish line, and if I am especially good this weekend, I might finish it. I'm not sure I actually like it at this point, but I will reserve judgment till it is completed. Of course, being my usual foolish self, I have not bothered to take it off the needles yet to check for fit, so the finished product is still something of a mystery.

Lauren has had her timeout status revoked and is awaiting frogging. I enjoyed the knit well enough, but one error kept costing hours of repair work, and it no longer seemed worth it. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I would ever wear it, and I found another project I want the yarn for. The Turkish silk will evolve into my very first design and first attempt at intarsia. I'm not aiming for anything fancy, but I though I might play around with some cushion covers. Like so much of my knitting, however, this is contingent upon acquiring additional items. In this case, I still need the cushions, so this project is off until I can arrange a trip to IKEA.

Right now, all projects seem to be complicated in some way and/or are taking far too much time, but at least I'm feeling inspired again. PLUS, I finally got my invite to Ravelry, which is way cooler than I'd even hoped it would be and is entirely deserving of a post all its own. I'm still getting set up over there, but I am shinyobject and you should all come find me.

Pictures soon, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your username on ravelry? Mine is nuala and I'm worried at how much it enables me to keep thinking of new projects I could be working on.

Marcia said...

I added you, nuala. I still need to put up a bunch of photos, as my page is rather dull at the minute.

My queue gets longer every time I visit the site.