Saturday 30 June 2007

Done!

Today, there were two things working overtime to keep me inside and knitting all day. Firstly, it was wet and raining pretty much from sunup to sundown. Secondly, at 11:00 am, my cats came to sit with me in bed (I was already up and about! Just...being lazy.) and promptly fell into an adorable cuddle pile. Loki half opened one eye, to make sure I wasn't thinking about moving, then promptly fell sound asleep. I could not resist. I declared it a do-nothing day for all three of us. However, while they are naturally cute -- see exhibit A:



-- I have been a slovenly, PJ-wearing lump today. Fortunately, I channeled all that excess energy into knitting, and completed the summertime tunic at last. There would be photos, but my camera died at the exact moment the knitting stopped. It's like it knew.

The ends still have to be woven in and it needs to be washed and blocked and then have a yet-to-be-purchased ribbon threaded through it, but the knitting part is done! I'm not yet convinced about the fit, but I will withhold judgment till I've blocked it.

In the meantime, I have no projects on the needles. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself, really. Off to Ravelry for inspiration!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cutest cuddle-pile!

Have you started anything yet? I still don't know yet what yarn Erin wants for her clapotis, but I may practice the drop stitches this weekend.