Monday 2 April 2007

The stash grows, exponentially

My mother is a wonderful woman. Not only did she bake cookies and read to me as a child and do all sorts of wonderful mom-type things, she has also become my yarn pimp. After all, here I am in the UK, earning those wonderful pounds that are worth so many US dollars, but I've not been able to splurge on yarn due to the exorbitant shipping costs. However, since she was visiting soon, I gave her my elann order and asked her to squeeze a few skeins into her suitcase.

A few skeins. Ha! She not only put in my requested order, she tripled it and called it a late Christmas present. When she arrived on Friday, fresh off the San Francisco-Gatwick flight, she had with her two suitcases, one of which was at least 80% yarn.

Am I not the luckiest girl in Knittyland?


Such riches! I am now the proud owner of:
1. Elann Sonata (100% cotton, and soon to be transformed into my next project, Knitty's Soleil.
2. Peruvian Highland Silk. Look at that colour. I have no idea what it is going to become, but it will be luscious.
3. Araucania Atacama, a gorgeous, GORGEOUS handpainted Peruvian alpaca. I'm not sure I want to knit with it. I may just keep it on my shelf and stroke it from time to time.
4. Peruvian chunky Highland wool. I think I'm ready for all my winter knitting already.
5. Finally, Lion Brand Wool-Ease, and lots of it. She apologised for the acrylic blend, but it's perfect to create a jumper for the boyfriend, if I ever decide to brave the sweater curse. As it is, he's going to have to wait a bit longer. I have lots of other knitting to get to, first. LOTS of knitting.

No comments: