Monday 2 April 2007

Introduction

Oooh, the first post. Somehow I feel as if this should be brilliant in some way, to set a fabulous tone for the wit and wisdom that are sure to follow in the coming months. That might also be seen as false advertising, however, so I'll just jump right into the middle.

This is a knitting blog. There is, in this world, no shortage of knitting blogs, and and I am not going to revolutionise the format in any way. The odds of anyone reading this other than a few friends are slim to none.

But the thing is, I love to knit. Love it. It soothes me, interests me, rewards me. I love the yarn, the needles, the patterns, the various bits and bobs. I love it all. I need a place to share this love, to loudly proclaim my obsession to the tiny part of the world that does stop by this blog.

I only began knitting December 2006, when I needed something to keep me busy while I was recovering from an operation. I haven't stopped since. I'm still rather rubbish at it, to tell you the truth, but improving steadily. I look forward to being able to track my progress, so that I can look back in a year's time and think, "Damn! I really had no idea what I was doing, did I?" and then happily return to my detailed Fair Isle sweater. Hey, it's my blog. I can fantasise if I want to.

That's enough of that. Let the knitting begin.

No comments: