Friday 3 August 2007

Feeling crafty

What do you get when you combine the top of a now-broken IKEA Lack table, some batting, a bit of fabric, and a liberally applied staple gun?


A brand new blocking board! Cat feet are provided for scale.

The fabric is a 1" x 1" checked pattern, making it very easy to block to size. I'm rather in love with this project right now. It might even be enough to convince me to finally weave in all the ends on the summertime tunic so that I can give it a trial run.

Lots of knitting going on right now, but it's all very ADD. I keep starting things, getting new ideas, ripping them out, starting new things, etc. I hope to have some FOs sometime in August.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That really is so clever. Not just the idea of recycling the table, but using the large checks as inch guides. So cool!