Tuesday 24 July 2007

The eternal wisp

I am, it must be said, very bored of wisp. The pattern is dreadfully easy, with no stitch more complicated than k2tog, but the fact that it is lace ensures that it still requires too much of my attention. Straight tv knitting is out, it seems.

Since I was in Glasgow for most of the last two weeks, I didn't get a lot of knitting done -- this is despite being stuck in Stansted airport for 12 hours. Curse the restrictions on knitting needles. However, I buckled down this weekend and am now about two-thirds of the way through:


A close-up:


I am trying to force myself through the last few rows, but it's not calling to me right now. This has been made worse by the yarn that followed me home from Glasgow, which is calling to me and demanding to be swatched. My friend lives mere steps from K1 Yarns, and every time we headed into town, or to the pub or cafe, I had to pass by it. I resisted as long as I could, but I am only so strong. Eventually, I gave in and let myself be seduced by 10 skeins bright red Artesano Alpaca (a much bolder red than the photo suggests).


Of course, now I'm not sure what to do with it. I was planning to knit Rhiannon with it, but I'm not convinced alpaca is the best fiber for what is essentially a tank. Of course, I didn't get enough for a proper jumper, and too much for gloves or a hat, and I am sick to death of scarves. Perhaps I will just pet it for a bit and instead try to find a use for the acid green cotton that is currently haunting my stash.

1 comment:

ysolda said...

I'm very jealous of your alpaca - I love how this yarn looks and that it's fair trade. Every so often I think about designing something with it - but then I pick it up and start scratching immediately, not fair at all! So you're lucky that you can use it, so pretty.