Sunday 30 December 2007

Secret Pal Wrap Up

Why, yes, this IS a post. A terribly delayed post, but I am determined to get all caught up before the first of January. Since that's only 2 days away, and I plan to spend at least part of tomorrow heavily intoxicated, I figured I should start now.

First, there is Secret Pal business to take care of. This exchange was great for me, with fabulous upstream and downstream pals. I really lucked out this time around. Even so, I plan to take a break from such exchanges for a while. I just don't have the time (hence the very late thank you post -- sorry, Agua!).

My upstream pal was awesome from start to finish. After that first generous stash of yarn, she sent me this:



That's a handmade Branching Out, and it's gorgeous. It inspired me to make one of my own.

And, in case that wasn't enough, she also included lots of chocolate which I gobbled up within minutes of opening the package. The final package looked something like this:



Yep, that's loads MORE yarn. There were two skeins of the gorgeous variegated pink one, but the second skein was already on the needles when I took this photo. I tried making a My So-Called Scarf from it, but the colours pooled a bit at the width I'd chosen, so I will try again and photograph that later.

Thank you again, Agua. You really were a wonderful secret pal.

As for me, I finally got everything sent off to my own pal, including one actual, honest-to-god FO. I wanted to present everything in a nice knitting bag, but they were all either crazy expensive or just plain ugly, so I decided to knit my own damn bag. Enter the Booga Bag. This was a great quick and easy project.

Post-felting (well, mostly felted):



Yarn: Noro Kureyon, Colourway 157
Amount used: 2.5 skeins
Needles used: 4.5mm
First time: felting (and it was a PAIN in the front loader, too), i-cord

It was a fun, easy, no-stress knit. Nothing challenging about it at all, but great television knitting.

I actually have three, count 'em, THREE FOs lined up for the next post. It was a Christmas knitting miracle!

No comments: